Thursday, May 5, 2011

A busy Saturday!

I love this time of year because not only is the weather GORGEOUS, but there are so many fun things to do! Back on Saturday, April 16th, we had an action packed day! Our day began with the annual community Easter egg hunt & BBQ our church puts on at our church property, complete with egg hunts for all ages, bounce houses, pony rides and petting zoo, face painting, hay ride, pie contest and delicious bbq.



We arrived late, as is our usual family custom, and literally walked very fast, and practically threw him into the roped off area for his age groups egg hunt, and he was off! He wanted to open each egg he found to see what was inside. He didn't get the idea that you're supposed to fill your basket as fast as you can and then check out your loot. Oh well, I'd rather him not eat all that candy anyway!
IMG_5644


Our family photo!

IMG_5652

Next we were off to pet the chicks! These boys LOVED this!!! Tyler was so excited to see that chick his momma was holding!

IMG_5657

Wyatt was very brave and wanted to hold one, he was very gentle with it.

IMG_5658

This picture cracks me up! I love Daniel's expression and Logan in the back ground looking on, not sure what to think of it! haha!! I can just hear Daniel saying, "Hello little chick! I LOVE chicks!"

IMG_5661

Our friend, Katie, taking a ride on the pony... she looks concerned because I think the horse did it's business and Katie's momma, Amy was trying not to step in it!

IMG_5666

After a fun morning at the property, and a yummy lunch, we headed home for naps before taking Daniel to his FIRST experience inside the FSU stadium at the spring game. Daniel was just taking it all in when we first got there.

IMG_5673

We sat with a bunch of our friends and their kids, which made the whole experience so much more fun! Baby Ethan, 6 months old, snug as a bug up against his mommy with his thumb, was so good!

IMG_5689

I love these kids!! They were so cute and pretty good for the whole game. Of course Aunty Rachel being armed with lots of snacks helped too!

IMG_5686

I think Daniel was getting a lesson on cheering. He loves to clap and got a kick out of everyone doing the war chant!

IMG_5682


Ava and Ellie are sweet friends! I wish I had taken a picture of Ava's outfit, her momma, Meredith made it & it was adorable!! She had on a garnet and gold twirl skirt with an appilqued spear shirt. The spear was half garnet and half gold sewn onto a black background, I LOVED IT!!! I'm definitely going to half to attempt making one one of these days, hopefully before this fall!
IMG_5677

Brian and Aubrey, Aubs was hamming it up here! Love that girl! She and Daniel were born 2 days apart and we have pictures of them together in their bassinets in the hospital. :)

IMG_5679

I think Daniel had a fun time, and it was nice because we could spread out a little more than at a regular season game where you're packed into the stadium like sardines! We ended our fun day with a yummy mexican dinner with our friends! So thankful for days like these!! Good times and GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOLES ------------------------->

No comments:

Post a Comment