Thursday, May 5, 2011

He is Risen, He is Risen indeed!

After breakfast on the porch, we gave Daniel his Easter basket, I'm sure he was thinking, "What?! Mommy is letting me eat chocolate for breakfast?!"

IMG_5731


I think he likes it!!

IMG_5733

After breakfast, we got dressed, and snapped a few pictures before heading off to church.

IMG_5741

Love these two handsome southern gentlemen that I am privileged to share life with!! Love their seersucker suits!

IMG_5756

I have tried to talk Mike into wearing a bow tie for a long time, and after 8 years, he succumbed, on his own volition! He came home Saturday and said, "I have a surprise for you!" Out from his bag he pulls this bow tie, ahhhhh, I die!! LOVE IT!!
IMG_5748

Daniel has a sweet, special relationship with each of my sisters. After we've been with my sisters, he will ask, "where's Ashy?" "Where's Yara?" I'll respond with "at work, in there hometown" and he will say, "but why?" :) We are to the why stage now, about everything! :)
IMG_5753

The Easter family portrait. We took more pictures after church. Church was AWESOME, the music was AWESOME, and it was PACKED!!! We did all get to sit together but were up in the balcony. I loved seeing so many of our friends there! We kept Daniel with us in the sanctuary for the music and he was good.
IMG_5780

My mom wanted a picture of all of us looking at Daniel, and we were giving her a hard time but now I'm glad we did it, it turned out cute, he can be such a ham! There's no shortage of attention for this boy when our families are in town!!
IMG_5783

I wonder where Daniel gets his silliness from?!

IMG_5765

While we were waiting for all the final food preparations, the kids did some crafts on the back porch with foam stickers.
easter crafts

Ahhh, melt my heart!! These two usually love each other very much, but apparently Harper was over Daniel's hugs at this point. Haha!


harper and daniel

Lucy and Ellie working on their crafts.

IMG_5760

We also played a few games in the yard with the dyed Easter eggs, (LOL, Julie and I were trying to think up as many variations of games you could play with an egg!) in this one, we had the kids line up by Julie, and they were supposed to roll their eggs down the lawn until they crossed the finish line. I'm lucky I didn't get pelted by a hard boiled egg! Ha!

IMG_5801


IMG_5804

Another game we played was we made the kids carry their egg on a spoon in their mouth across the finish line. Ellie's got the hang of it! These next few pictures crack me up, each one has a different style!
IMG_5798

Lucy has her spoon a little to the left, concentrating hard.

IMG_5796

And Ainsley...hers is almost falling out, to the right, head tilted back! Love it!! :)
IMG_5795

Finally after all our games, it was time to eat! Here is picture of the grown ups table. Again this year I got to use mu and Mike's grandmother's china. I found these hollow chocolate bright colored eggs at Costco and thought they were pretty, so each place setting got one.
IMG_5726

This white cake with strawberry frosting is the one I found last year on Edie's blog, it's made with 1/2 cup of homemade strawberry freezer jam, which is divine!! I think it turned out great!

IMG_5808

After lunch, the dads hid the eggs for an egg hunt, we had the littles in the back yard and the bigger kids in the front.

IMG_5809

Aubrey, Daniel, and Harper checking out their loot! Note the chocolate oozing out of Harper's mouth, awesome!! I think she enjoyed her candy!!

IMG_5816

It was a wonderful day and we were so happy to have our family and some of our friends over! What a privelge it is to be a daughter of our Risen King!! Hope you all enjoyed your celebrations as much as we enjoyed ours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment