Thursday, May 5, 2011

Easter Weekend

My family drove over to spend Easter weekend with us this year. The newest addition to our family, Shannon, my sister, Laura's fiance joined us this year. Laura, Shannon, and Ashley got busy in the kitchen making some treats for our Easter dinner on Sunday.

IMG_5700

What's the big deal, 2 birds in the nest?! I guess they're love birds. :)

IMG_5702

As soon as Daniel woke up from his nap, we got busy working on dying Easter eggs on the back porch. Nani sent Daniel some Easter books a few weeks before Easter and one of them talked about dying Easter eggs so I think Daniel was excited to get to do it this year.

IMG_5708

IMG_5711


Ashley, Daniel, and Mimi display their finished work.

IMG_5714

IMG_5721


Mike made a DE-LICIOUS Greek dinner for us Saturday night. He made Greek style lamb roast, potatoes, asparagus, a greek salad, spanikopida, and homemade Tzaziki sauce.
Mike grew up with close family friends who were Greek. He has very fond memories of Easters spent with the family and eating this very meal. He even has a story about eating "delicacies" like goat testicle soup. Uhhhhh, I think I'll pass, thanks! Mike also brought home some Baklava for dessert from a local bakery. The dinner was a hit, everyone loved it!! Including Daniel!

IMG_5723

I'm a little hesitant to post this next picture, it's funny... The weather was very nice Saturday night, so we ate on the porch. After dinner, we found a lizard inside the porch (there are a lot of them this time of year on our porch) and Papa put it on his ear like an earring. Daniel thought it was funny. :)
IMG_5724

Daniel didn't really want to touch or hold the lizard though. Just so you know, we let the lizard go after we were done looking at it, I don't believe he was harmed at all.
IMG_5725



-

No comments:

Post a Comment