Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Our new annual tradition

On Saturday, April 9th, Mike, Daniel & I took a little day trip to the strawberry farm that Daniel & I went to last year.

IMG_5490


A lot of these pictures are similar to last year's pictures, but Daniel is just a year older.

IMG_5512


A lot of the strawberries were HUGE, and SO sweet and juicy!!

IMG_5517

IMG_5521



IMG_5524


My sisters, Ashley and Laura, and Laura's fiance, Shannon drove up and met us for part of the morning. Daniel was very excited to see them!

IMG_5527

IMG_5498

This peacock was displaying all his colors for us for a long time, he was so pretty! This is funny to me because my sisters and scuz (our nickname for our cousin who is like a sister to us) tell me that I used to not like peacocks when I was younger...I have no recollection of this dislike. haha, maybe they made it up. :)

IMG_5501


IMG_5504

Daniel was in love with these baby bunnies, he wanted to pet them for a LONG time!!!
I finally had to make him move on so some other little kid could have a turn.

IMG_5506

IMG_5542

IMG_5536

Daniel had such a FUN time, as did all of us!! We picked 2 pints of big delicious juicy strawberries.

IMG_5547

Daniel loves his Aunts so much and they love him too, it makes my heart happy to see them interact with each other.

IMG_5549

It was a great day and we want to go back before the season is over. I've made strawberry jam, strawberry shortcake, and this past weekend, made a cake with strawberry buttercream icing. I'll have to post pictures of those soon. Yum, yum, yum!

2 comments:

  1. What a precious little boy!! You are such a great mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we can't wait to go this year. thinking maybe next week will work. it was fun seeing all your pictures and that sweet boy of yours.

    ReplyDelete