Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy 35th birthday Mike

The next few pictures are more about the decorations for Mike's birthday celebration. Mike smoked a Boston butt and we had some of our friends from our small group over (which isn't so small anymore). My friend, Kristin, told me about a party planning blog, and oh.my.goodness!!! So the inspiration for Mike's birthday was Reese's Pieces, his favorite candy. I went with the brown, yellow, and orange color scheme and we had a dessert table, which I'm pretty sure my friends wanted to kill me over as that was the first thing you saw as you walked in the door and keeping the kids away from it before dinner was a full time job! Sorry friends. :)

IMG_5371

Who wants to eat baby carrots and yellow pepper strips when Reese's Pieces are within reach?!

IMG_5370

I found this brown and white polka dot fabric and wide orange rick rack at Joanne's to make the tablecloth. I was just going to hot glue it on but then decided if I did it right, it could be washed and used in the future, I'm glad I sewed it instead of hotglueing it. :)

IMG_5374

I already had this polka dot vase which matched the fabric perfectly. With extra fabric I just folded it in thirds to make a table runner.




IMG_5375

I've wanted to make one of these cake pennents ever since I saw it on Erika's and Jill's blog.
IMG_5415

It was a fun party and we are so greatful we get to celebrate such a wonderful husband, father, and friend! I love you Mike and look forward to seeing what God has in store for you this coming year!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful party!! Well done :) Thanks for the cake pennant shout out!! I must say that your looked far better than mine :)

    ReplyDelete