Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A New Valentine's Tradition

Making Valentine's Day cards has been a tradition on my side of the family as long as I can remember. Last year my mom and sisters came over to make cards with me when Daniel was only a wee 4 months old. We decided to do it again this year at my house. My mom and sisters have tons of paper, ribbon and supplies to make creative cards and they were graciously willing to share!

IMG_0211
We had some special visitors come by to make a couple cards, Miss Harper, big sister Lucy, and their mom, Stephanie.

IMG_0213

Here are just a few of the cards. One of us would make a card, and then someone would copy it but "one up" the first card, they just kept getting cuter and cuter as the night went on. I finally had to go to bed at 11:30, I think mom, Ashley and Laura stayed up working until 1am!
IMG_0281

The inside of this card says, "Be my tweet heart!"

IMG_0264

IMG_0276

IMG_0272

The card makers:
IMG_0268
Mike's mom,Linda, my sisters, Ashley and Laura, me and my mom.

3 comments:

  1. How fun!! I am so glad your dear mom was willing to share all her lovely things with the ladies of the church too!! I would love to do that all over again. My mom, Tammy and I have had card making nights but it has been a long time since we've done it. I blogged about the card making at church if you want to see it. Let your mom know too if she wants to see it. :) Love all your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! those are the most beautiful v-day cards I have ever seen! What do you do with all of them? You could sell them for sure. So talented all of you

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Alicia! We give them to our aunts, grandmothers, cousins, neices and nephews. We have a blast making them!

    ReplyDelete