
A while back, you may remember that I asked you to pray for healing for Parker LaMendola, a little boy Daniel's age, who had a rare form of brain cancer. So rare, there wasn't even a name for it. God answered those prayers, just not in the way that I wanted. Parker went home to be with Jesus yesterday morning. He is resting in the strong arms of Jesus, with no more pain and no more tears. My heart is so heavy with sadness for this family I don't even know, but have been praying for for the past 6 months. Please lift Laurel Beth, Greg, and Parker's twin brother, Drew up in prayer. You can read more about Parker at caringbridge.org
Password is parkerlamendola
To view some precious pictures of Parker and his family go here.
I have been forced to face some of my own fears about death because of having the priveledge of praying for the LaMendolas and witnessing some close friends of the family walk through this trial with them. As one of the ladies in my Bible study said this morning, as she was talking about death and heaven with her children, "Heaven is our forever home, earth is just where we live while we wait our turn to go to heaven." Last night I just stood over Daniel's crib and wept as I watched my precious baby boy sleeping. I get emotional thinking about LB's arms aching to hold her little boy again. I also wonder, why am I SO blessed with a healthy, happy child, a wonderful husband, a supportive and loving extended family, a beautiful house, a great church, I could go on and on. I must choose to believe that even during trials, God is good, and he loves his children. The Bible is the only truth, not my feelings or emotions. Thank you God for your bountiful blessings in my life. Thank you for shaping me even through the hard stuff into more of what you desire me to be.
II Cor. 12:9 ..."My Grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."...

I too am so sad thinking about Parker and what his family must be feeling now... I can't even begin to imagine the pain of not having your child anymore - it's so hard to know God's purpose even though He does have one. Makes me so thankful for good health, among many other things... I really really wanted to be there this morning but last night was really bad with Soraya - I get frustrated with her crying but then I think of Laurel Beth and how she would probably give anything just to have little Parker back... counting my blessings tonight. life is precious.
ReplyDeleteThank you for that heart felt post Rachel! I will pray for this dear family. It is so very hard to lose a little one, but it does make you long for heaven like never before. I know that is where the Father wants our hearts to be too, longing for Him and our eternal home. I too feel so blessed and undeserving of His grace and praise Him for making all things beautiful in His time not our own. :)
ReplyDelete