Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Gooey Butter Cake ~ It's Good Y'all!

First you need these ingredients
DPP_0003
Then mix the cake mix, butter, 1/2 tsp vanilla and 3 eggs
DPP_0001
It will be a thick consistency, pat into your 9x13 (I used 10in and 8in round)
DPP_0002
Then mix the gooey goodness (Cream cheese, 2 eggs, 1/2tsp vanilla and slowly beat in the powdered sugar). Pour over the cake.
DPP_0004
Bake @ 350 x 40-45 minutes
DPP_0005

So I searched on the internet for a butter cake recipe and found this Gooey Butter Cake recipe
I made it for my mom's birthday party (only I made cupcakes using this recipe) and they were a big hit! So now I am testing this out for my sister-in-laws up coming 25th anniversary vow renewal reception. For the test cake, I made my Aunt Jeanette's delicious chocolate frosting:

1 1/4 cup sugar
1 cup evaporated milk or cream
5 squares unsweetened chocolate
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla

Combine sugar and cream in medium saucepan, stir until comes to a boil. Reduce heat. Let simmer 6 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat. Add chocolate and stir. Stir in butter and vanilla. Chill. Beat with a mixer.

I doubled the cake recipe because I was trying to make a two tier cake (2 10inch rounds on the bottom and 2 8 inch rounds on top), my layers kind of sank in the middle of my 10 inch rounds so I'm not sure I will use this recipe for the reception.

IMG_0199

I must say, this is one delicious cake and I'm usually not a cake lover.

3 comments:

  1. haha, i am reading in my google reader and i so thought your blog was darby's...this is a dangerous dessert rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures, Rachel!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks sooo yummy!!!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete