Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Some Christmas Pictures

This is the wreath I made from clippings Mike cut off of the bottom of our Christmas tree.


Ha ha!! This is a true picture of Daniel these days, he is very BUSY, and pretty much always on the move unless he's sleeping or strapped into his highchair or stroller!
I worked Christmas Eve and I might add it was much busier than I was anticipating! There were a lot of Christmas babies born this year! When I got home, I was greeted with kisses and a beautiful Pomegranate Martini was placed in my hand. :) My sister, Ashley, graciously watched Daniel for us on Christmas Eve (since we were both working), and she made the place settings for our beautiful table, complete with my grandmother's china and Mike's grandmother's silver and crystal. Beautiful! Below is the menu for our Christmas Eve dinner, not sure if you'll be able to read it clearly.

My parents came to our house and spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with us this year. They have done that the past three years, ever since we moved into our house. Mike's parents went down south this year to spend Christmas with his brother and sister and their families. Christmas afternoon, the 7 of us drove over to my grandparents house 3 hours and a time zone away. Even though I've been a mom for over a year now, I'm still trying to figure out what's best for Daniel and balancing that with "doing what we've always done". Before I was married, me and my family would have Christmas morning at our house, then drive out of town to my grandparents house for dinner, by the end of the night, we were all exhausted but we were all adults and to me, it was fun. But this year, I think we pushed Daniel too much and Christmas dinner was less than enjoyable for Mike and I. Daniel was exhausted and pretty much screamed the entire dinner. Mike and I took turns with him away from the dinner table. Our family didn't seem to mind and said he was probably bothering us more than he was them but I was just plum mortified! Mike and I disagreed about how to handle the situation and Daniel surprisingly got a second wind and calmed down. It was just a little reminder that I am NOT in control, that I'm a sinner and raising a little sinner. Ultimately, it was a wonderful Christmas full of numerous blessings, health, delicious food, wonderful fellowship with family, and celebrating our saviour's birth, with a dose of keeping it real and eating humble pie! We have SO much to be thankful for!

My parents gave Daniel this sandbox that my dad made, Daniel loved it and was so cute checking it out. Since it was raining Christmas Eve, it didn't get set up until after we returned from out of town.

My sister Laura was born on Christmas day 24 years ago. Ashley found this cute birthday glass for Laura to use. Happy birthday Sis!!!

Bags I made for Ashley and Laura out of Amy Butler fabric.

One of mom's presents.

2 comments:

  1. I love the bags you made for your sisters! so cute! :) I still want to learn how to make the pillowcase dresses from you sometime... Soraya was fussy Christmas dinner too, so I know how you feel! It can be frustrating. Looks like you had a good Christmas though - hope to see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bags you made are so cute, Rachel!! Also, loved the wreath over your bed, but honestly the wooden panels under it caught my eye. I love touches like that! :) The picture of Daniel and Mike is adorable too! Love comin to your blog. ~Tammy :)

    ReplyDelete