Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Birthday weekend, backyard overhall, and sewing night

My middle sis, Ashley invited us to the beach for her birthday weekend on Sept. 18th. We rented the same beach house Mike and I and his parents stayed in back in April. Cute little house off of 30A! Friday night was just family and we had delicious hamburgers with Brie cheese inside and caramelized apples on top, yum! Sat. we all rented bikes, we were able to find one to rent with a baby seat on the back and had the best time riding around Watercolor and Seaside! We ended our bike trip back at Seaside to listen to live caribean style music in the outdoor ampitheatre, it was just the best day!! Daniel did really well in his little seat with his helmet. He fell asleep in the seat, poor baby! Sat. night, my parents kept Daniel while we went out with some of Ashley and lil' sis Laura's friends, we ended up a Baytowne Warf and had a really fun night! This picture cracks me up! The fam, boy band/ghetto style! LOL!!
Daniel's first tasting of a red sauce dish, baked ziti, I think he liked it folks!!

So we have several projects going on at our house right now. Back on the first weekend in Sept, while I was away, Mike rented a tiller and tilled up our backyard. The grass was gone in some places, thanks to Campbell and shade plus we had originally gotten grass not meant to be grown in shade. Mike has been sick of our backyard for basically the past 2 yrs and so with Daniel's birthday party quickly approaching at our house, we made a deal. The party could be here if we could get new sod. So I agreed. We have the most wonderful friends by the way! The next weekend, Sept. 12, I (luckily) had to work, and Mike recruited a bunch of our friends to come help lay sod. (No pictures b/c I was not here to take them and by the time I texted Mike to ask him to take some of the process, they were finished!) He said they layed it all (4 palates) in under 2 hours! So when I got home from work that night, we had a new backyard full of green grass! It looked great! Well, that project turned into building a deck (he had originally wanted to lay a stone patio, but that turned out to be too expensive). Our friend Buckley volunteered to help build it. For the last two weeks, we have had multiple friends coming over on the weekend and evenings after work to help us build our deck. My picture doesn't do justice to all these wonderful guys (and their awesome wives for sharing their husbands with us!!) Thank you, thank you Buckley, Brian, Jimmy, Jonathan, Greg, Boyd, Jarrod!!!

Lastly, I have really enjoyed working on some sewing projects and many of my friends are interested in sewing and are quite good seamstresses! I'm glad it's not a dying art, at least in my circle of friends, it seems to be gaining interest! I'm so thankful for my mother teaching me how to sew!! (She if very skilled, studied it in college, made her wedding dress and lots of our clothes growing up) Some people had already left by the time I pulled out my camera, but we had the BEST time! We used to all play Bunco together but I think this is better, we still get to talk, eat, and now we are getting projects done, how fun!! Pictured above is Meredith, Kristin, Stephanie, Alicia, and Suzanne. (Crystal, L.A., and Krista had already left). If you are reading this and want to come, let me know, even if you don't sew! Krista came to just hang out and she brought a bottle of wine, thanks girl!



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete