
This is the shirt I made on sewing night Tues. Sep 29th, for Daniel to wear on his 1st birthday. It was my first time making an applique shirt and I followed Darby's
http://http://www.flythroughourwindow.com/2008/08/appliques-101-without-an-embroidery-machine/ tutorial on how to do it. My friend Alicia was here with me and also walked me through the steps.

This is a "pillow case" type dress made without the pillow case for Aubrey, she was born 2 days before Daniel (I actually took care of her and her sweet mom Julie in the hospital the day before I delivered Daniel). The blue fabric is named Lily Pond (I forget who makes it), and the border and bows are Amy Butler fabric.
SO cute Rachel! You did a great job with the appliqued shirt - I bet Daniel looked so cute in it :) I wouldn't dare show pictures of the first shirts I made....they didn't turn out as well as yours! haha... I want to learn how to make the pillowcase dresses - do you think you'll have another sewing night sometime? See you tomorrow at Bible study! :)
ReplyDelete