Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Easter

We celebrated a wonderful Easter Sunday by going to church, fellowship with family and friends, a delicious meal, and Easter egg hunt!

IMG_1136


Last year we traveled to see my family and this year they came to us! Yeah!


IMG_1166

I really enjoy setting the table for special occasions! :) We used my grandmother's china and Mike's grandmother's silver and crystal.

IMG_1169

My mom used to make these cute bunny salads when I was a child, I just felt we should continue the tradition. They are made from a pear half, sliced almonds for the ears, a raisin for the nose and a marsh mellow for the tail (or you could use cottage cheese for the tail), nestled on a lettuce leaf.

IMG_1172


My very creative sisters brought an awesome assortment of homemade Easter cookies that were almost too pretty to eat.
IMG_1173

IMG_1183

My silly sis, Laura thinks she will never be too old to hunt Easter eggs, go trick or treating, have Santa or the Easter Bunny leave her surprises...she is so full of life and joy and I love that about her!

IMG_1181

IMG_1206

It was a wonderful day and I'm so thankful that I belong to the risen Saviour! Christ paid my debt so that I can live and he didn't stay dead in the grave, he rose again, that is reason to celebrate every day!

On another note, the day after Easter we said goodbye to Mike's parents who returned to their mountain home. Many of you probably know that they lived with us during the winter, we loved seeing their relationship with Daniel grow and they were a great help to us. We love and miss you Nani and Pa.

No comments:

Post a Comment