Monday, June 21, 2010

A Wonderful Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day this year! I got to spend it with my two favorite people!! (Last year I worked on my first mother's day.) Mike made me waffles for breakfast, before we headed to church. I can remember not too many years ago that going to church on Mother's Day and Father's Day was very painful for both me and Mike because we so longed to be parents. It was nearly impossible to get through the services without crying. I choke back happy tears now, that God so faithfully answered our prayers! After church we had a picnic lunch at a local garden overlooking a beautiful lake. The weather was perfect and I couldn't have been happier!


To GOD be the glory for this little man who calls me mommy!
IMG_1612

This picture totally cracks me up because it is SO Daniel! He's got a stick and he must have thought it would be funny to mess up my hair with it! Haha!! Love that boy! You can almost hear him saying, "aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh"

IMG_1625

So typical of this little dude to play with his stick in the "wa", as he calls it.

IMG_1643

I love you buddy!

IMG_1647


Playing on the playground after our picnic.

IMG_1657

Daniel was being so sweet to Mike, he started kissing him on the lips many times.

IMG_1663


Thank you God for this man and this young man whom I love SO much!!!

IMG_1668

IMG_1678

We missed being with our own mothers on this special day. I love you mom and am so thankful that God gave me to you to be my mom, you set such a wonderful, godly example of what being a mother is all about. I'm also thankful for my mother-in-law who raised an amazing son and who loves me like I'm her own daughter. All my aunts, grandmothers, sister's-in-laws, and friends are also such wonderful mothers and each one has taught me more about this incredible role I am now honored to have. And to any of you who read who desire to be mothers, I pray for God's peace and comfort during your trial, that you would trust our heavenly Father and place your hope in Him! And I pray that God would answer your prayers and give you the desire of your heart.

After Daniel was born, these verses meant a lot to me and I have them written and posted inside my medicine cabinet in my bathroom:

"Great is our Lord and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite. The Lord is good to all, and His tender mercies are over all His works. Let them praise the name of the Lord, for He commanded and they were created." Ps 147:5; 145:9; 148:5

"He gives children to the childless wife, so that she becomes a happy mother! Hallelujah!"
Ps. 113:9

No comments:

Post a Comment