I used much more burlap than the directions said, probably about 3-4 times more.

The bow on my wreath is just a scrap of fabric, this wreath is hanging over our bed. :)
This is my first John John I have ever made! And second time doing button holes! After Christmas, my friend L.A. took me and some other friends to THE CUTEST LITTLE FABRIC STORE I'VE EVER SEEN in Hahira, Georgia. We spent a couple hours pouring over all the fabric and dreaming up stuff to do with it all. I got this turtle print and a similar one with crabs on it to make another John John. I got some other fabrics too, the dress below is a gift for someone special, I can't say who just yet. It is my best pillow case style dress to date. I even finished the inside seams with a zig zag stitch (since I don't have a surger, the zig zag makes it look more finished and less "home made").


That dress is very cute..I was shocked at how much those are selling for in the stores.
ReplyDeleteLove the john john too.. didn't know they were called that :)
Alicia
Rachel!!!! Please teach me how to make the pillowcase dress! It is TOO cute. and if I had a boy I would ask you to teach me how to make the John Johns too because Daniel looks adorable in them. Love the wreath! I'm dropping your dish off to you today...I'm so sorry :( I can't believe I still have it. It's been in my car for a month I think, we just haven't been to church or anywhere...trying to keep the girls healthy! I'll send you a text to let you know when I'm dropping it by later today.
ReplyDeleteLove the projects and the wreath - very shabby chic!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I read your blog this morning and read about SewBlessed in Hahira. Kimberly and I were headed to Valdosta today anyway, and went by. LOVE IT! I will definitely be going again. Got some cute fabric; well ALL of it was cute!