

Then we drove to Apalachicola. We checked into The Coombs House Inn, a beautiful bed and breakfast built in 1905, dropped off our stuff in the room and then went poking around the quaint little downtown. We stopped for an ice cream cone and then walked over to the river where some shrimp boats were docked.



We had dinner at the Owl Cafe, the same restaurant where we ate the night we got engaged. Our table was upstairs, in the corner by the window overlooking the Apalachicola river, it was perfect, as was our meal! Over dinner every year on our anniversary, we like to reminisce about the highs and lows from the past year of our marriage, we talk about the lows to remind us of how we've grown or what God has taught us from the rough times. We also like to remember the good times, my intention is to write these things down in a journal we have and I have never done it. This year I realized if I don't write this stuff down, I will forget a lot of it, it's already hard to remember the past 7 years and we hope there will be many many many more years and memories to come, so I better get writing!

We ate lunch at the Blue Parrot on St. George Island and went for a long walk on the beach before heading back home. It was another gorgeous day!!


You will notice the hills in the background of this photo, they are mounds of oyster shells, they were everywhere in Apalachicola!

Thank you babe for a wonderful anniversary celebration, and thank you Nani and Pa for watching Daniel for us! (this was the first time we had left him overnight and he did great!) I was tearful when we said our goodbyes but I did fine and only called once to check in on them. :) I am so thankful for the past 7 years, the low points and the high ones, and excited to see what God will do in our lives in the future. I love you Mike!!! XOXO

Happy Anniversary!! Looks like so much fun! Isn't it nice to get away even if it is just for one night? Apalach is one of our favorite places!
ReplyDeleteHow Funny...we got engaged in Apalachicola and ate at the Owl Cafe too! Ours was 5 years ago next month (engagement) It looks like you two had a great time and I'm glad Daniel did so well his first night away!
ReplyDeleteThat is so great Rachel!! Sounds like a wonderful time. I love Torreya! Might have to go there soon. Hope you're having a great day! God bless you guys!! OH and Happy Anniversary! Ours is March 19th and will be 5 years!! Praise God!
ReplyDeleteSuch an example for all your friends...some of us could use it since we're not doing so well in the marriage department.
ReplyDeleteguessing an or sm on that one.
ReplyDeleteYou are so beautiful, Rachel!
ReplyDelete