Monday, August 10, 2009

Mimi and Aunt Ashley come for a visit

Last week my mom came to help out with Daniel again. She is a preschool teacher and off for the summer. She graciously agreed to come three times over the summer to help with Daniel. It has been such a blessing having her come this summer! She bought Daniel this balloon and he LOVED it! It was his first balloon and he got SO excited playing with it! I worked on Tuesday and Thursday but on Wednesday, we all got to be together. We had planned to work on some sewing projects this trip, so after Daniel went down for his afternoon nap, we pulled out the sewing machines. Mom worked on some pillows for her couch and I can't say what I was working on yet. :) I'll just say I have a few projects up my sleeve and Christmas isn't that far away! ;) On Friday, Mom, Daniel & I hit Marshalls in the morning and then enjoyed lunch at Panera's before she left to go back home. We had a fun week and I think she enjoyed getting to spend time with her first and only (so far) grandson. Friday afternoon, my sister, Ashley came into town. We made homemade pizza for dinner and then after Daniel went down for the night, we snuck out to Starbucks, to catch up with an old friend, Rebecca. Ashley knows Rebecca from her college days at UF and I know Rebecca because she was my roommate post college & before I got married.
It was good to catch up with her and good to get out of the house, just the the girls! Saturday's activities included garage saling (we didn't find anything good:( ), a baby shower, a nap, and making a delicious dinner!

Ashley made this BEAUTIFUL summer fruit tart! Our cousin, Melanie, had made this for Ashley and my parents when they visited her earlier this summer.
Pomegranit Martinis, my favorite adult beverage!




So Fresh and so clean!








Working on our projects after Daniel has gone to bed. I am realizing I can get very little done now while he is awake. My friend Darby calls her little man a "rover" and I think Daniel might be taking after John Martin in his Rover like nature! ;0
So I can't figure out how to get the words under each picture so the captions don't really match up with the pictures but you hopefully get the jist of what I am talking about.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great week with your mom! I always like when my mom visits too. Can't wait to see what you are making, I hope you share later

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, I love the blog! Thanks for sharing it with me. It's good to see what your family (including sister - Hey, Ashley!) are up to!

    ReplyDelete