Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A great weekend!

We went to this sweet girl's birthday party on Saturday and I was taking notes! Riley is the daughter of our friends Chad and Jessica. They used to be our next door neighbors in our old house. We adopted our dog, Campbell, from them when their dog, Dixie had puppies. We were sad to lose such good neighbors. Chad built our current house and we remained friends with him during the process. I think that says alot because I've heard of people having terrible experiences with building and we were blessed to have had a good experience! We love our house, thanks Chad! ;) The birthday party was great, complete with a bouncy house for the kids and good food for the adults.
I made this pillowcase dress for Riley, they are becoming my "signature" gift for 1 year old girls.
Sunday was an absolutely wonderful day! We got to go to church (I haven't been to our church in such a long time, I have either been working or out of town) and it was great! We took long naps (one of my favorite Sun. afternoon activities!), and then Sunday evening, we put Daniel down for bed and Mike and I had a date night at home. I have married quite the chef! For our 5th anniversary, we went to Charleston, S.C. We ate at Magnolia's, and we would put it in our top 5 favorite restaurants. I gave Mike the Magnolia's cookbook last year so we decided to pick a recipe from it and cook it together for our date. We chose crab cakes with tomato gravy, creamed corn, and sauteed spinach paired with Blackstone's Pinot Noir. I must say it all turned out DELICIOUS!!!

I made banana pudding and replaced the 'nilla wafers' with Nutter Butters. (My sisters made this dessert for Father's Day and they got the recipe from Southern Living). I must say, what a fabulous idea using Nutter Butters is!!!






1 comment:

  1. Love the dress you did for Riley!! I need you to pass along your tips on making it since you are becoming an expert - I need to start making them for my girls! :) Hope y'all are having fun on your vacation - can't wait to hear about it when you get back!!

    ReplyDelete