Sunday, June 26, 2011

My cousin's wedding

I love this time of year because there is so much to do and so many fun things going on! May was no exception for us this year, it was jam packed full of family, fun, and travels! On May 13th, we attended the rehearsal dinner for my cousin, Logan and his fiance, Ginger in Destin at Loisianna Lagniappe. (It was an awesome restaurant overlooking a marina and we had the best grouper picata-the best grouper I've EVER eaten!!!) I loved how my aunt decorated the tables with the wedding colors and starfish and the same flowers that Ginger would have at the wedding (hydrangeas and calla lilies).
IMG_6004

Daniel has sleepy eyes because we spent the morning of the wedding at the beach and then took a long nap before the wedding (which I was so grateful that he took a nap because the wedding started at 6pm!)
IMG_6012

Logan and Ginger have a sweet story, they were next door neighbors for a lot of their growing up years. She went away to Samford and he went to FSU. She ended up marrying someone else and unfortunately that didn't go as planned, but she was blessed with her daughter, Ashlyn. Logan and Ginger reconnected and have begun a new chapter. Logan is amazing with Ashlyn and I love to see the sweet relationship they have.

IMG_6024

I loved Ginger's bouquet, it's a little hard to see but she had a silverplated starfish hanging from her bouquet, Logan also has one on his boutiner. Logan LOVES to fish and has grown up on the water and boats all his life, I liked how they had personal touches reflecting each of them throughout the reception.

IMG_6019

This is my dad holding Daniel, and his youngest brother, Scott (my uncle- who is 13 years older than me and 13 years younger than my dad). Uncle Scott married Ginger and Logan and he married my sister and Shannon the next week.


IMG_6017

We LOVED Logan's groom's cake!!! Mike wanted something like this for his cake, what he wanted and what he got were not exactly the same thing :( Logan's cake looked AH-Mazing and tasted AH-Mazing too! It tasted like a mounds bar in cake form, YUM!!

IMG_6025

While Logan was at FSU, he went to Stetson's on Friday nights, alot, and got very proficient at line dancing!! So for Logan and Ginger's first dance, they surprised everyone and did a line dance, it was great! They even changed into their boots, and hers matched the wedding colors of course! :) I regret that I didn't get any pictures of that! Logan also squatted down to be at eye level for his dance with Ashlyn on another song, she was shy and I think a bit overwhelmed by all the days' events, but it was sweet none the less!

IMG_6032

It was a beautiful wedding, a beautiful setting, a beautiful couple and lots of good food and plenty to drink ;) !! We enjoyed being with our family and I think it made Laura and Shannon get very excited for their upcoming wedding the following weekend! Their wedding is up next on the blog but it will come in multiple posts because there are LOTS of pictures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment