Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Catching up on April's events

The week prior to Easter was Spring Break here, and although Daniel isn't in school, our friends are, so that meant a week of fun that we were invited to participate in! Tuesday we got to go to a BIG park with lots of fun things to climb on, the ground is soft and rubbery. Since we didn't have Bible study, some of the girls in our group decided to meet up at the park to let our kids play, we had a blast, sorry, no pics of the park. Wednesday we were invited to dye Easter eggs and eat lunch at our friend's house. Daniel wasn't too interested in dying eggs, I did four of them, mostly we just observed the other kids and I chased Daniel around. :) We wanted to make some special Easter cookies (you read scripture and some of the parts symbolize Jesus bones being crushed, the vinegar he tasted, the tomb being sealed, and the empty tomb) like our friend, Darby did, but then we realized that they are an overnight project. Maybe next year I will try them with Daniel.



IMG_0903

Mike's parents were preparing to return to their home in the mountains and somehow we saved a lot of the things we wanted to do until the last minute, then tried to cram them all in! On Thursday, Mike's mom, Daniel, and I drove to a little quaint town north of here for some shopping and lunch in their cute downtown! We ate lunch at a little tea parlor, it had a vintage feel to it and our lunch was delicious!



IMG_0911


On Friday, we went to the Jr. Museum. I had not been there since my 5th grade field trip! :) We were excited and it was a PERFECT day to enjoy being outside! Some of our friends from playgroup met us there. I LOVED the board walk that was completely fenced in so Daniel could run free and I didn't have to worry about him falling off!


IMG_0930


I think Daniel was excited about seeing the "choo choo"!


IMG_0931

IMG_0936


IMG_0937


It's hard to see, but the black dot in the background of this picture is a bear.


IMG_0944

The boys were so cute looking at the animals together! When we walked to this Florida Panther habitat, Daniel said unprompted, "Meow, night night". Also hard to see, but there is a BIG Florida panther sleeping on a big cylinder platform thing.

IMG_0954

IMG_0958

After we saw all the animals, we let the kids play on the playground for a while. Friday, April 2nd was Mike's birthday and the museum is very close to Mike's new office, so he was able to meet us for a picnic lunch. We LOVED the Jr.Museum and will definitely being going back!

No comments:

Post a Comment